- The Man Engine Powered by Volvo is the largest mechanical puppet ever constructed in Britain.
- It was originally commissioned in 2016 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Cornish Mining World Heritage site.
- In 2017 it won the 'Best Arts Project' in the National Lottery Awards.
- Engineered entirely in Cornwall, the Man Engine is powered by a Volvo L220H wheeled loader. He crawls at 4m and transforms to stand at 11.2m high.
- The Man Engine was created to honour the grit, determination, labours and innovation of the mining industry and all who toiled within it.
Transformation ceremonies will take place at:
Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th June
Thursday 28th June
Each ceremony will last approximately 15 minutes.