You are hereHomeDemonstration Areas
The showground has three main demonstration areas and details of the individual items of plant and equipment can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of each section.
To view the Hillhead 2012 Demonstration video click here
- For 2014 there will be another blast before the show to continue with the development of the bench.
- To view the slow motion video of the blast before the 2010 event click here
A section of the face at the north end of the site will be drilled and blasted to produce around 10,000 tonnes of run-of-quarry stone for demonstration purposes. Types of equipment that will be demonstrated in this area are:
- Large wheel loaders (buckets of 4m and above)
- Large excavators and face shovels (40 tonnes +)
- Rigid and articulated dumptrucks
- Hydraulic breakers
- Trommel screen for primary separation
For details of the equipment that worked in the quarry face demo area at Hillhead 2012 click here.
The rock processing area on the western side of the quarry provides the opportunity for demonstrating all kinds of mobile crushing and screening equipment:
- Tracked and skid mounted crushers
- Tracked and wheeled screens
- Scalping grids
- Barrel screens
For details of the equipment that worked in the rock processing demo area at Hillhead 2012 click here.
The recycling demonstration area lies at the southern end of the showground where three concrete storage bunkers have been built to hold imported supplies of material for processing, by crushing, screening, shredding or washing:
- Construction and demolition waste
- Waste asphalt
- Concrete blocks and brick rubble
For details of the equipment that worked in the recycling demo area at Hillhead 2012 click here.